Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Classic Canadian Tours provide travel insurance?
- Are meals included during flight and Tundra Buggy excursion?
- Where do we check-in for the flights?
- How are my tour payments protected?
- What are some of the things I should pack for this trip?
- What are the advantages of travel by jet?
- What are the luggage allowances?
- What are the average temperatures in Churchill during October and November?
- What Time Zone is Churchill, Manitoba in?
- Who are our in-flight crewmembers and hosts?
- Who owns and operates the exclusive jet?
- What if I have further questions?
Does Classic Canadian Tours provide travel insurance?
Classic Canadian Tours does not provide travel insurance. If you would like to purchase travel insurance we suggest that you first check with your credit card company, as it may be offered on purchases made with your credit card. Travel insurance may also be purchased through your car or home insurance provider or through a travel insurance company, such as Travel Guard. Trip cancellation and interruption insurance will ensure that you are covered in the event that you are not able to make the trip for a personal reason, such as illness or if your trip is interrupted for an unforeseen reason, such as weather. Travel medical insurance, will pay the upfront costs not covered by Provincial Healthcare, such as evacuation, if you do not have extended health benefits. Only your insurance provider will be able to let you know your exact coverage.
Are meals included during flight and Tundra Buggy excursion?
Yes. You will be served breakfast during the flight to Churchill, a lunch will be served on the Tundra Buggy® and dinner will be served on the return flight home. If you have any food allergies and/or special dietary meal requirements, please be make sure to contact us at least one week prior to the flight, plus notify your flight attendant when meals are served during the flight. We also suggest bringing a snack.
Where do we check-in for the flights?
Edmonton: Check-in with Air North at the Executive Flight Centre located at 3684 - 53 Ave East, Edmonton International Airport. A map will be provided prior to departure.
- Calgary: Check-in will be at the North Cariboo Private Departure Lounge, located at 600 Palmer Road NE, Calgary. A map will be provided prior to departure.
How are my tour payments protected?
Payments and deposits will be handled by Classic Canadian Tours or your selected travel professional. They/We are responsible under jurisdictional law to appropriately handle the payments.
What are some of the things I should pack for this trip?
To help ensure a more memorable journey, here are some suggested items to bring:
- Sun glasses
- Jacket, gloves, scarf, toque
- Walking shoes, winter boots or hiking boots with good traction
- Comfortable clothing for exploring and in-flight travel
- Backpack or light weight carry-on-bag with shoulder strap
What are the advantages of travel by jet?
The non-stop jet flight allows for a seamless travel experience without circuitous routings or connections.
What are the luggage allowances?
Guests are welcome to bring two carry-on bags (total of 22kgs).
What are the average temperatures in Churchill during October and November?
Temperature in Degrees Celsius:
- October: 0
- November: -9
What Time Zone is Churchill, Manitoba in?
Churchill is in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). When times are referenced in any collateral it is referring to the local time of that particular destination.
Who are our in-flight crewmembers and hosts?
The in-flight crew will be a highly experienced team consisting of two pilots and three flight attendants. In addition, there will be one Classic Canadian Tours representative and a naturalist aboard the flight.
At check-in and boarding you will be greeted by Canadian North staff and your Classic Canadian Tours representative.
Who owns and operates the exclusive jet?
The exclusive Boeing 737 jets chartered by Classic Canadian Tours for the Polar Bear Tundra Tour are owned and operated by Canadian North.
What if I have further questions?
Classic Canadian Tours will be happy to answer any questions you may have. You may contact us via phone or email and we'll do our best to respond to your inquiry within 24 hours. Please proceed to Contact Us for additional information.
for additional information.